Solvent Based Activator is a roller-grade activator used as a primer to promote adhesion of Polyguard's waterproofing membranes in low temperatures.
Solvent Based Activator is a low temperature activator comprised of a rubber based adhesive in solvent solution which is specifically formulated to provide excellent adhesion with waterproofing membrane.
Low Temperature Solvent Based Activator is an integral part of Waterproofing/Vapor Barrier System and sufficient liquid adhesive must be used on surfaces to condition them so that the substrate is suitable for the application of Waterproofing Membranes in Low Temperature. (Note: works excellent in warm weather for advanced adhesion also).
Solvent Based Activator can be used on insulation, insulation jacketing or other substrates which Polyguard waterproofing membranes will be applied.
Solvent Based Activator is designed to be used in temperature ranges from 25ºF - 100ºF. Provides excellent adhesion for the bottom of large ducts, where even after mechanical fastening, sagging could occur. Activator is recommended for application prior to installation of Polyguard membrane on a re-weatherproofing of a failed Fab/Mastic installation.
Caution: Solvent Based Activators are flammable. This solvent based product will eat some foams (Styrofoam) and a test patch should be applied before coating a large area of foam insulation.
Solvent Based Activator "flashes off". The application of activator should be limited to what can be installed in one working day, areas not covered during the day of application must be re-primed.
Features & Benefits
- Activator is used as a primer to improve adhesion to substrate
- Provides enhanced adhesion in low temperature applications
- Can be used on applications with temperatures down to 25ºF
- Prevents bottom of ducts from sagging
- Can be applied easily with a roller or brush
- Works excellent in warm weather for advanced adhesion
- Coverage rate of 250-350 square feet per gallon
- Required dry time is a minimum of 1 hour