NW-75 for Parking Lot or Asphalt Pavement Rehabilitation
If a parking lot or asphalt street has areas of localized failure amounting to 10% or less of the pavement surface area, Polyguard's NW-75 Pavement Waterproofing Underseal may be the answer to preventing future pavement failure.
Localized areas of failure usually indicate a weakness in the subgrade. The weakness causes the asphalt in that area to crack. Once water enters the subgrade through the crack, the rate of failure accelerates, resulting in a bad spot in the pavement.
Parking lot owners often experience failure in the same localized areas after a rehabilitation and overlay, even if the area has been dug out and repaired.
Polyguard's NW-75 has been used successfully by many local governments and parking lot owners for repair of asphalt pavement prior to overlay. The NW-75 performs two functions. First, it provides reinforcement against cracking and breakup. Second, if and when a crack occurs, water will not penetrate the waterproofing seal built into the NW-75.
The value of Polyguard pavement underseal membranes has been widely documented by multiple state DOT research projects. Polyguard underseals provide a permanent seal underneath the pavement, and reduce the amount and severity of pavement cracking.
95 Liquid Membrane
Features & Benefits
- Reinforces pavement against cracking & breakup
- Prevents water from penetrating if cracking occurs
- Use on localized areas of failure in rehabilitation
- Excellent for Joint & Crack Repair
- Non-Woven fibers
- Used prior to asphalt overlay
- Provides a strong mechanical bond to asphalt overlay
- 65 mils thick
- "Peel and Stick" release liner
- Reduces extent & severity of reflective cracking
- Waterproofs & protects
- Prevents corrosion on steel in decks
- Puncture resistant