Polyguard® Cold Flex™ 2000 is a heavy duty pavement membrane furnished in Hot Applied or Self-Adhesive (SA) types.
- Cold Flex™ 2000 (Hot Applied)
- Cold Flex™ 2000 SA (Self-Adhesive)
Cold Flex™ 2000 pavement repair membranes provides two layers of high strength polymeric fabric used for backing and reinforcement. Cold Flex 2000 products have a top layer of high strength fabric, with a thick layer of flexible mastic to provide stress relief, and a bottom layer of high strength fabric. The membrane reduces the occurrence and severity of reflected cracks on new overlays. Additionally it waterproofs the underlying crack should a reflective crack occur in the new overlay.
Cold Flex™ 2000 SA Highway Membrane is a high strength waterproofing and crack reduction highway membrane, which is installed as a “peel and stick” material. Cold Flex™ 2000 SA has a top layer of high strength fabric, with a thick layer of adhesive sealant to provide stress relief and waterproofing. The stress relief layer is reinforced with a second layer of high strength fabric.
Cold Flex™ 2000 SA, applied to cracks or joints on an old pavement prior to installation of a new asphalt overlay, reduces the occurrence and severity of reflective cracking in the new overlay. In addition, the membrane will act as an "umbrella" over the old crack or joint, reducing the amount of rain or runoff moisture which penetrates the old pavement surface and reaches the pavement base.
Features & Benefits
- Heavy Duty pavement membrane
- .135 inches thick
- 2 layers of high strength polymeric fabric reinforcement
- Puncture resistant up to 600 lbs.
- Reduces occurrence and severity of reflective cracking
- Waterproofs cracks if a reflective crack does occur
- Available in 2 variations: Hot-Applied or SA (Self-Adhesive)