Airlok® STPE Detail-N-Joint is a single-component, cold-applied, Silyl Terminated Polyether (STPE), fiber-filled, fluid joint filler and transition flashing material; that combines the best of silicone and polyurethane properties. Typical detailing application includes Sheathing joints, penetrations and filling in imperfections on surfaces such as concrete walls and wood window bucks.
Airlok® STPE Detail-N-Joint
FEATURES & BENEFITS
- Versatile detail compound for application at transitions and flashing
- Can be used on damp or wet surfaces
- Unlike silicone products, Airlok® STPE Detail-N-Joint is compatible with virtually all common building materials
- Existing cured membranes readily receive additional application creating a monolithic transition
- Wide range of application temperatures from 25°F (-4°C) up to 110°F (44°C)
- Resistant to wash-off during rain events, extending the application time relative to inclement weather
- High solids content of 100% for high yield and <20 g/l VOC
- Compatible with most known building materials
- Long term exposure to the sun’s ultra violet (UV) rays for a period up to nine (9) months
- Long term physical durability and chemical stability as a liquid applied air barrier system
- Compliant with NFPA 285 in most wall assemblies
For a job-specific submittal package, please contact Polyguard for Product Submittal Requests. Click here to find your area’s field representative.
Airlok STPE Detail-N -Joint is a companion product (accessory) on sheet and fluid applied air barrier membranes. Companion Products include the following materials:
|Airlok Flex®||Impermeable air barrier for use on concrete and concrete masonry surfaces.|
|Airlok Flex® VP||Permeable, single-component elastomeric air barrier membrane. Also available in Low Temperature version (VP LT).|
|Airlok Flex® WG||Permeable, above-grade air, weather and vapor coating. Also available in Low Temperature version (WG LT).|
|Airlok® Sheet 200 BU/NP||20-mil butyl, self-adhesive, non-permeable sheet membrane. 60-day UV exposure with broad in-surface temperature up to 240°F.|
|Airlok® Sheet UV 200 BU/NP||20-mil butyl, non-permeable sheet membrane with a foil/polyscrim backing. 1-year UV exposure with broad in-surface temperature up to 240°F.|
|Airlok® Sheet 400 HT/NP||40-mil modified asphalt, high temperature, self-adhesive, non-permeable sheet membrane. 60-day UV exposure.|
|Airlok® Sheet 400 NP||40-mil modified asphalt, self-adhesive, non-permeable sheet membrane. 60-day UV exposure.|
|Airlok® Sheet UV 400 NP||40-mil modified asphalt, self-adhesive, non-permeable sheet membrane with foil/polyscrim film backing. 1-year UV exposure.|
|Airlok® Sheet UV Ultra 400 NP||40-mil modified asphalt, self-adhesive, non-permeable sheet membrane with durable foil facing backing. 2-year UV exposure.|
|Airlok® STPE Flash-N-Roll||Fluid-applied WRB (Rolled on) and Window flashing. Durable, compatible with most building materials, can be used on wet/damp surfaces.|
|Airlok® STPE Gun-N-Spread||Fluid-applied flashing material. Troweled on above grade Window/Door rough openings. Compatible with most building materials.
Can be used on wet/damp surfaces.
|Airlok® STPE Spray-N-Roll||Fluid-applied WRB (Spray or roll). Durable, compatible with most building materials, can be used on wet/damp surfaces.|